Astromania 1.25'' Astrophotography Flip Mirror with Eyepiece Adapter
Free Shipping Included! Astromania 1.25'' Astrophotography Flip Mirror with Eyepiece Adapter by Astromania at Toni Lynn Photography. MPN: SKU_AM_AFM. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. As easy as flipping a switch, the Imaging Flip Mirror enables the astrophotographer to find, center, and focus a target object visually with a 1.25'' telescope eyepiece, then photograph it with a Charged Coupled Device (CCD) camera. All without swapping out any equipment. It's a real time saver, making the normally tedious task of focusing with the CCD camera alone quicker and easier.Rather than having to take numerous astrophotos to locate and focus your target, the 1.25'' Astromania Astrophoto
Product Description & Reviews
As easy as flipping a switch, the Imaging Flip Mirror enables the astrophotographer to find, center, and focus a target object visually with a 1.25" telescope eyepiece, then photograph it with a Charged Coupled Device (CCD) camera. All without swapping out any equipment. It's a real time saver, making the normally tedious task of focusing with the CCD camera alone quicker and easier.Rather than having to take numerous astrophotos to locate and focus your target, the 1.25" Astromania Astrophotography Flip Mirror lets you do those things visually with a telescope eyepiece. An internal mirror deflects the incoming light 90 degrees up into the eyepiece. A helical fine focus mechanism on the telescope eyepiece holder lets you set the eyepiece focus to be parfocal with the camera. Then, once you've focused the celestial object in the eyepiece, a flip of the side lever drops the mirror to allow the light to enter the camera, rendering a sharp, focused CCD image.The Astro-imaging Flip Mirror was designed specifically for use with StarShoot Deep Space imagers and similarly sized CCD cameras, for which it provides full sensor illumination. Male T-threads on the unit's metal housing allow direct attachment of the CCD camera body. The housing itself connects to a telescope's 1.25" focuser or adapter via the nosepiece, which alternatively can be removed to expose T-threads for direct coupling. The nosepiece is threaded for 1.25" filters. As convenient as it is for CCD imaging, the Astromania Astrophotography Flip Mirror also lets you enjoy visual observation when you want to take a brief break from shooting pictures. Maybe you want to catch an eyeful of that bright planet before it sets. You can do so without having to dismantle your camera setup! Why not streamline your astrophotography routine and take an occasional break to enjoy the views while you're at it? Get the 1.25" Astromania Astrophotography Flip Mirror today!
Features & Highlights
- For precise focusing: In astrophotography, if you want to take successful astronomy photographs, accurate focusing is only one half of the story. The Astromania flip mirror makes it very simple to find both the exact focus point and also the correct positioning for your astronomy photographs. This small black box has a moveable flip mirror which shunts the light path 90°upwards or, alternatively, lets it pass through unhindered.
- Always sharp: If you tilt the mirror to the 45° position, the object will then appear in the eyepiece and you will be able to precisely focus it as usual. The helical focuser on the flip mirror lets you make the eyepiece and camera exactly parfocal with each other. This means that both elements will be in focus at the same time.
- An object that is accurately centred in the eyepiece will be simultaneously centred in the camera's field of view. You no longer have to worry about whether the object is correctly positioned on the chip - you know it will be.
- An advantage with all cameras: No finder is provided with popular webcams or astronomical CCD cameras for helping position the object on the chip. Only by taking test exposures is it possible to achieve both sharp focus and the correct object position. The flip mirror is a big help here as the object has already been centred and focused 'remotely' on the chip via the eyepiece.
- Connectability: The Astromania flip mirror has a 1.25" connector which will fit onto any standard telescope. The helical focuser will accept any standard 1.25" eyepiece. There is a T-2 thread provided on the camera side - the standard fitting for all cameras.
Astrophotography Flip Mirror with Eyepiece Adapte
5.27 x 3.09 x 5.98 inches
5.3 x 3.2 x 6.1 inches
Have questions about this item (SKU_AM_AFM), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Astromania, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 607017, ean: 0709942997293,
Meade series 5000 MWA eyepiece, 100 Degree, 21mm focal length, 2'' Barrel Size, 45mm field stop. Meade MWA series eyepieces offer a gigantic 100 Degree apparent field of view for an amazing, panoramic observing experience like no other. All eyepieces...
mpn: 8885, ean: 0759270088859,
Edge-On Planetary eyepieces bring flat-field performance to solar system viewing in the form of six medium- and high-magnification focal lengths. Each employs a sophisticated 7-element lens design reminiscent of exotic, high-priced oculars. This desi...
mpn: ASi290Mini, ean: 0607467927743,
The ZWO ASI290MM-Mini is a compact monochrome astronomy camera intended for autoguiding during long exposure astrophotography or for planetary imaging. The camera incorporates a 5.6mmx3.2mm sensor with 1936x1096 resolution. With small 2.9-micron pixe...
mpn: CEP, ean: 5060228063183,
12mm, 18mm, 25mm eyepieces plus 2X barlowSet of ideal accessories for your Meade Coronado solar telescope. Includes 12mm, 18mm and 25mm focal length 1.25'' CEMAX eyepieces. Also includes a 2x Barlow for a total of 6 effective magnification options ou...